Monday, September 1, 2014

Annual Dahlia Show 2014 at the MAH

I have a few Dahlias, even one I grew from seeds of a wild looking one I got somewhere. But overall I don't have the time, water or patience to grow them strong--well maybe I do--but it is taken by too many other plants and hobbies.

I just never or at least recently considered them odd enough, or unique enough to warm a cold stone plant addict's blood. After all you can find them everywhere plants are sold when in season. Yet seeing the Show you cannot grow them like this with out that plant nut dedication and fire.



I have seen ads for the Dahlia show before, but finally stopped in this year in the last two hours on Saturday. I was caught up in the excitement, and amazed how many local growers and others were at the show.

Nick Sr

Links to the MAH ad and the Society's page:

http://www.santacruzmah.org/event/community-rental-monterey-bay-dahlia-society-annual-show/
http://www.mbdahlias.org/

By what I saw at the show they are way more active that the site would suggest, still has 2012 dates on it.

There is a link to all the pictures I took at the end...

Ketchup and Mustard


Lulu's Island Mom



Prince Valiant


Pam Howden


Verone's Morning Star

I like all these edged ones...

Zoey Rey

Verone's Taylor Swift

Took bad notes/picture of tag--grown/shown by a Mary Bannister--but did not get the flower name

Light Accord

Light Accord

Maggie C




 Hamari Accord

Clear View Lily

Citron



And here is a link to an album full of pictures if you want to see more:

https://plus.google.com/photos/103932494439016719502/albums/6063887290584955969



No comments:

Post a Comment