Saturday, September 27, 2014

Succulent Extravaganza 2014 at Succulent Gardens

Wow what an event at Succulent Gardens today! I have missed it the last couple years when and hadn't even been there until last summer, even though probably half of my plants came from there indirectly by way of all the places they sell plants at locally.


This is a succulent collectors dream. A bit light on Sempervivums and less agaves this year for sale, though I got a couple. The real draw here and for this event in particular are all the demonstration gardens. You can tell the owners and employees love the plants and are collectors themselves--or at least that is my bet.







I will post many more amazing pics in a day or two or check below for a link to more in my google album from today. Until then here are some of the agaves that great you at the start of the property.






Here is the link to all the pictures I have posted so far and once I clean them up and have a few more minutes to spare I will post more on the retail side and the demo gardens--but feel free to not wait...


... I went overboard on pictures, but if you enjoy these plants hit the slide show and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. It was awesome bumping into you in the retail area. I was hoping to see your photos, and here they are!

    You really captured the spirit of Succulent Gardens. I especially love the avages along the road. Outstanding advertising for a succulent nursery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed them. They certainly are great advertising... and also seem to me to show some people there really enjoy the plants they grow. I have seen other gardens or nurseries that either were more about business or more 'technically' perfect and not so clearly planted by collectors and plant lovers. Maybe I have just not see enough... but this place is special to me and I get there so little even though I live only 30 miles from them.

      Delete