Saturday, March 30, 2013

Where's my Sepals?

Here is an interesting set of flowers on my Fuchsia 'Gafrey Blush' that just started blooming. I see this phenomenon when we have a warm winter but cool nights keeping it cooler than ideal.  Or at least that is the recipe that I think is helping this along, could just be chance.


It is amazing to see all the dangling leaves appear and then start to turn a bit white, then open.




The plant's normal flowers are already starting to appear and open, only the very first ones were green.


This fuchsia is also mite free and listed as such.  I know mite resistant is not equal to mite free, but this one has no other signs of mite damage or mutations. This only happens once a year, if that. Here is a picture of the growth tips, all look normal.

And a final couple pictures to close with...



No comments:

Post a Comment